If you have an iOS device viz. iPhone, iPod Touch or an iPad, then every time you need to run iTunes for transferring media content (Images and Videos) from your PC / MAC. This becomes very frustrating and annoying for almost all iOS device owners! Let’s check out in this post How to transfer Images as well as videos to your iOS device over Wi-Fi without any requirement of iTunes?
Lock Folder HD ($1.99) allows you to wirelessly transfer photos and videos to your iOS device from your computer. The application is also capable of hiding as well as encrypting your private photos and videos. For transferring images and videos from your computer using Wi-Fi, all you need to do is to follow these steps.
Transfer Photos to iPad, iPhone & iPod using Wi-Fi
- Run Lock Folder HD on your iOS device and enter your password.
- On the main screen select Privacy Photo.
On the immediate next screen either create a new album or simply select the default album.
- Once you have selected / created your album, you will see a small arrow like icon at the top-right corner of the screen. Tap on it and then Tap on Add Button.
- On the next screen, tap on the Camera icon present at the top left corner and you will see following options. Here select Wi-Fi Sharing and you will be able to see following screen with a unique IP Address (Your IP Address will be different):
- Type the IP Address in the browser of your computer (connected to same Wi-Fi Network, which your iOS device is using) and you will see following transfer interface.
Here select the Photo which you want to transfer to your iOS device and hit the upload button. The photo will immediately get transferred to your iOS device and will be present in the album you selected / created earlier!
Transfer Videos to iPad, iPhone & iPod using Wi-Fi
When you want to wirelessly transfer videos to your iOS device, you need to select Privacy Video on the main screen.
Once you have selected Privacy Video, all the remaining steps are same as for transferring photos using Wi-Fi.
- Your IP Address for transferring photos and videos over wireless LAN will be completely different. It depends on the default IP Address assigned to your Wireless router and iOS device. The IP Address may change, as the router can dynamically assign some other IP Address to your iOS device.
- For transferring photos and videos, your PC / MAC and iOS device should be using same Wireless LAN network.
- You can transfer only MP4, MOV and M4V video formats using the method above. This is because all iOS devices only supports MP4, MOV and M4V video formats. If you want to transfer some other video format to your iOS device, then you need to convert the file into iOS compatible video format.
- Supported Image formats for successful transfer are PNG and JPEG only.